Are you a Pro?--Top 10 ways to tell if you're a Pro Shooter:-)
I'm often asked how to become a professional photographer. The first problem with this question is that there is no agreement on exactly what a professional photographer is. To help clarify this confusing situation, DigitalPro Shooter is thoughtfully providing a list of 10 ways you'll know you're a professional digital photographer.
You're a professional digital shooter if:
10. Your friends ask you to shoot a family Christmas portrait for them as a favor
9. When you're on a photo trip, you spend your evenings filing and submitting images and writing articles
8. You wish your camera equipment cost less so that your insurance would cost less--not more so that you can brag about it.
7. You put your digital film wallet in your pants pocket in the morning even before your car keys
6. You have enough camera bags in your closet to pack up your entire house
5. You choose airlines based on carry on baggage allowance
4. PS7 is a software program and not a school you attended as a child
3. You don't remember what year you joined NPS or CPS
2. Your family cringes every time you say, "I'll be right there, I just need to take a couple shots of this."
And finally, the number one way to tell if you're a digital pro:
1. You'll be with some of the world's top photographers at Digital Shooters Retreat in March, comparing notes, sharing and learning from the best. DSR is open to professionals & enthusiastic amateurs alike. All we ask is that you have a passion for photography.
All contents copyright Pro Shooters LLC. All rights reserved.
Nikon is a trademark of Nikon Corporation.
nikondigital.org is not affiliated with Nikon Corporation.